THE PROJECT IN BRIEF
The Umayyad Project “Improvement of Mediterranean Territorial Cohesion through the Setup of a Touristic-Cultural Itinerary”, is co-financed by the multilateral cross-border cooperation programme European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI CBC MED) funded by the European Union. It aims to reinforce cooperation between the EU and partnering countries located along the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
• To achieve competencies and capacities of territorial cohesion in order to overcome
the seasonal imbalances in the touristic sector within the Mediterranean territory
• To promote sustainable tourism based on synergies derived from the design of a
cultural itinerary, focusing on the Umayyad Heritage
• To improve territorial cohesion through product diversification (sport, rural and
cultural tourism, etc.)
CORE TARGET GROUPS
• Policymakers and executives of policies in the tourism sector
• Tour operators who directly come under the influence of public bodies.